Friday, March 19, 2010

Are You Ready to Meet Your True Love?

Take the Relationship Readiness Quiz?
To assess your readiness for a committed relationship, rate yourself in each of the following ten areas. Try to be objective and honest with yourself.
Rating Scale: Rate each item on a scale from 0 to 10
8-10: Good; this area of my life is strong and would be an asset to my next relationship
5-7: OK; this area needs work, but most likely would not sabotage my next relationship
0-4: Needs Work; this area could interfere with the success of my next relationship
  1. I know what I wantI have a clear vision for my relationship. I can envision my perfect relationship in rich detail that feels strong,very real and keeps me motivated.
  2. I know my requirements. I have a written list of at least ten non-negotiable requirements that I use for screening potential partners. I am clear that if any are missing, a relationship will not work for me.
  3. I am happy and successful being single. I enjoy my life, my work, my family, my friends and my own company. I am living the life that I want and I am not seeking a relationship out of desperation and need.
  4. I am satisfied with my work/career. My work is fulfilling, supports my lifestyle and does not interfere with my availability to build a new relationship.
  5. I am ready and available for commitment. I have no emotional or legal baggage from a previous relationship. My schedule, commitments and lifestyle allow my availability to build a new relationship.
  6. I am healthy in mind, body and spirit. My physical, mental or emotional health does not interfere with having the life and relationship that I want. I am reasonably happy and feel good.
  7. My financial and legal business is handled. I have no financial or legal issues that would interfere with having the life and the relationship I want.
  8. My family relationships are functional. My relationship with my children, ex, siblings, parents and extended family do not interfere with having the life and relationship that I want.
  9. I have effective dating skills. I initiate contact with people I want to meet and disengage from people who are not a match for me. I keep my physical and emotional boundaries and balance my heart with my head with potential partners.
  10. I have effective relationship skills. I understand relationships, can maintain closeness and intimacy, communicate authentically and assertivelynegotiate differences positively, allow myself to trust and be vulnerable and can give and receive love withoutemotional barriers.

Score Results:

80 - 100: Green Light You are well on your way to the life and the relationship you really want. 50 - 79: Yellow Light Continue to work on the areas needed and take it slow in relationships whole doing so. 0 - 49: Red Light Take a break from seeking a partner, focus on your life and prepare for the relationship you really want

No comments:

Post a Comment