Friday, April 2, 2010

Letting Go of Your Past Relationship

I can practically guarantee that, if you are continually frustrated in your efforts to meet someone new, after a failed relationship, that there are leftover feelings and ties that are stopping your progress. I have become convinced that in order to move ahead in your life you really have to leave behind what is behind.
Have you really let go of your past relationship? Find out by answering the following statements with either True or False.
  • I think of my former love partner often.
  • I fantasize about being with my former love partner.
  • I talk about my former love partner often to others.
  • I am angry with my former love partner.
  • I still think my former partner and I will get back together.
  • I become emotionally upset when I think about my former love partner.
If you answered True to at least one or more of the above statements then you may not have completely let go of your past relationship. You are carrying around some extra baggage that could get in the way of you starting a new relationship and moving forward in a more positive way. Unless you let what has passed truly be over, its ghost will continue to haunt you, and actually hamper the arrival of the wished-for new event. This process can actually go on for years. So if you truly want a new loving relationship and it is just not happening ask yourself what you have not let go of that might possibly be in the way. Here are several steps to help you achieve the "Let Go" process in your own life:
  1. Ask yourself what you truly want and focus on it completely, with absolutely no reservations. Example: "I want to fall in love with the man of my dreams." Period. No qualifications, ifs, ands, or buts. Believe fully that nothing and nobody can stop you from having the good that is rightfully yours.
  2. Completely and totally forgive yourself for all past mistakes, errors, mishaps, wrong doings, etc. This means that you acknowledge what you did (or what was done to you) and psychologically move on. Really believe that whatever has happened is over!!! Whenever past-oriented thinking (like regret or nostalgia) intrudes, banish it. Replace it with visualizing exactly what you want in the present. Know that whatever it is you want, you deserve and can have, as soon as you stop believing that the past can control your life. It can't, unless you let yourself stay there.
  3. Lastly, believe that the letting go process can and will allow whatever you desire to manifest. Nothing is in its way but the past.
Give this a try. I would love hearing your experiences with it. Believe me, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment