Monday, September 13, 2010

Turn Your Squabbles Around in 10 Seconds or Less

You are in a disagreement with your loved one. No matter what either of you say, it’s not getting better the fight is escalating. What if in the middle of your tiff you held up a card that said;


“Talk to me like I’m someone you love.”

That’s the idea behind a book Talk to Me Like I’m Someone You Love, by therapist Nancy Dreyfus. She also designed flash cards with phrases to stop any fight. You simply hold up the card that expresses what you are feeling.

These small gestures can speak a thousand words and are especially helpful for couples who tend to bicker.

Nancy says it very well: “I created Talk to Me Like I’m Someone You Love for couples to transform unproductive, mean or just plain crummy interactions into moments of connection.”

While this book is intended largely for adult intimate relationships, this message is so on-point, wholesome and reparative; I strongly recommend showing it to just about anyone who is old enough to read it.

The book and flash cards may be just what you need to change the direction of your conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment